The General Society of Mayflower Descendants is a lineage society, so all applications must be made through the birth parents. If an immediate or extended family member has been accepted for membership it would be necessary to prove one’s lineage from that person forward. A preliminary application form is available on our website or one can be emailed to you to be completed and returned to the SC Historian. It is not necessary to be a resident of SC in order to join through the SC Chapter.
By completing your application and submitting it to Plymouth for approval, you are giving your family & future generations a special gift. Once your lineage is approved, your lineage and documentation filed indefinitely with the General Society of Mayflower Descendants in Plymouth, Massachusetts, making it easy for future generations to access these records. Proving your lineage is also a history lesson, as you discover interesting stories and people that are part of your DNA.
Some benefits of being a member of the Mayflower Society are:
Proceed to Documentation
- Opportunity to attend luncheon and meetings and events featuring guest speakers and guides
- Becoming acquainted with others with whom a common heritage is shared
- Opportunities for travel to historic places as organized by the General Society
- Members receive the General Society’s “Mayflower Quarterly” publication and the Palmetto Log, the twice yearly SC Chapter newsletter
- New members receive a membership certificate suitable for framing
- Free use of the genealogical collection in the Mayflower Library in Plymouth, Massachusetts
- Memberships can be transferred to another state chapter at no charge
- Become a volunteer to serve on our Board of Assistance
- Contributing to the perpetuity of the memory of our Mayflower ancestors
- Annual elementary, middle school, high school, and college essay contest scholarships
- Every 3rd September members from the US and Canada gather in Plymouth for the Mayflower Congress